Thursday, March 29, 2007

TV Show Gossip!







Hello Gossip Hounds,

All photos from respestive networks: NBC, ABC, CBS, CW!

Here is the latest TV News:

The Fate of Next Season's Shows!

Safe Shows include:

30 Rock-This show was hailed as the breakout comedy of the season and it looks like it will definitely return.

Friday Night Lights-I'm not familiar with this one but NBC execs seems to like it.

Scrubs-These has been around for awhile and if NBC doesn't pick it up, maybe ABC will.

Shows In Trouble:

Crossing Jordan-I saw this when it first came out, it's had so so ratings and it all depens how good the new pilots are whether it will last or not.

Gilmore Girls-I've been a fan of this show since it aired and will be sad to see it go. Although when I got the TV guide with them on the cover and an article I could read the doom up ahead and it sounded uncertain then. That was a couple months ago. Also this show is getting tired and has lost the zip it once had since new writers came on this season.

Apparently Season 8 hinges on Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) who is holding out on signing the new contract and Lorelei Gilmore (Lauren Graham) won't sign a contract without her. Both have also done movies and the TV guide article I read said both want to pursue their movie careers. David Rosenthal who runs the show has been looking for a new job as well so that doesn't sound good. It is still a popular show on the CW so it could survive.

How I Met Your Mother-The cast and crew are feeling hopeful that the show will be renewed for another season as the ratings have improved. I've watched this a bit here and there but there are too many other shows vying for my attention. Last season they brought on one of my favourites from a old show that got the axe (Good Morning Miami). Okay her name slips my mind but she is Kimberly Williams (who is on According To Jim) sister.

Jericho-I got hooked on this show this year and will be sad to see it go. It has struggled this year ratings wise and it didn't help it was off for like 4 months. So many shows have done this and it drives me nuts because the networks expect us to wait around and pick up where the show left off.

Medium-I don't watch this show but there is a chance it may come back. It is against Lost and CSI: NY but has had consistent ratings.

One Tree Hill-This show as saved last year by save one show fans and yet next season is uncertain. I've yet to see this show but hear it is good. It is coming back May 2nd I hear and the reason it's been off is to push The Pussycat Dolls: Search For The Next Doll which is doing well in ratings. Speaking of time slots I heard that Lost got pushed to 10 p.m. on ABC because no show wants to be in the death slot against American Idol.

Six Degress-I've seen this one too and like some of the characters. Unfortunately it took a lot of time off and is just now returning. It depends how the new Friday night time slot goes whether it will return.

Supernatural-This show has a great fan base but is in a tough Thursday night time slot. Ratings have not been good for this show either.

What About Brian-This show started off strong but seems to be limping this season and I liked the main character Marjorie who is no longer in it. Ratings have been poor. J.J. Abrams is executive producer of this show and his shows are always strong the first and second year but then tend to lag in future seasons.

Doomed Shows:

The Class-This show started out poorly but improved over the season. Rules of Engagement aired with good ratings so this show will probably go.

Close To Home-This looks like it may go as well. Again this show started out strong I thought when it first aired but I haven't tuned in this year even with the addition of Harmon Rab (of Jag).

Studio 60
-Oh I love this show and am sad it may not return. The writing is brilliant and I'm shocked it doesn't have the ratings behind it. If fans support the show it could return.

Veronica Mars-Apparently supporting cast members were told this show will be cancelled. The Pussycat Dolls show had blown this show out of the water. If it comes back it is possible it would become an FBI show with the show jumping ahead 4 years in the future.

I heard somewhere also that
Lost has lost 50% of it's audience this year and has suffered because it was off so long. Last night's episode was so boring and a waste of time. We were introduced to some new characters and it was just a time waster.

You can vote to save one show
HERE.

Okay I'm TV.ed (okay I made up that word) out,

Biz Girl


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are too many good ones to choose from.